One software engineer, with 2 colleagues started a Mindfulness program 3 years ago … now 1600 employees have participated with a wait list of 3000.
Here is their story…
Peter, was appointed the 1st Director of Mindfulness for SAP and in this 14-minute video explains how he got the program off the ground, how they measured and some key learnings regarding how to manage negative perceptions of what Mindfulness is and does.
What is Mindfulness?
- The practice of bringing attention to now, with less worry about the past and future.
- Being able to recognise unhelpful and negative thoughts without a need to react or become overwhelmed by them.
What Mindfulness does? (the research)
- Reduces stress
- Increases clear thought and decision making
- Reduces vagueness and distraction
- Improves sleep and diet
- Reduces the effects of ageing
- Increases resilience & goal performance
My biggest takeaway from this video is a program of this kind requires a sponsor and and a senior leader to make it happen. Google, Intel, Nike and Goldman Sachs have all implemented Mindfulness programs.
Is your organisation going to be amongst the first Aussie trailblazers to bring Mindfulness into your performance culture?
Mindfulness is a key construct of my programs. If you would like to know more about how to bring Mindfulness to your organisation, drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is the link, I hope this is of value. SAP Global Mindfulness Project
Leadership Coach | Workplace Psychologist